Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These brownies are the perfect marriage of chewy, chocolaty, fudgy brownie and smooth swirls of peanut butter. They are also milk-free for those with allergies. Have a tall glass of ice-cold milk/Silk handy because these decadent treats are super rich.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, creamy (reduced fat)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy (reduced fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 11x7-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Into a medium-sized microwave-safe mixing bowl, place chopped chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until smooth.
- Stir in sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Stir into chocolate mixture thoroughly.
- Spread batter into baking pan. With a spoon, make six evenly-spaced wells in the batter. Dollop 1/2 tbs. peanut butter into each well. With a butter knife, gently swirl crosswise and then lengthwise.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into brownie section comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour, cut into 12 squares and serve.