Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This was in the LA Times a couple of weeks ago. . .
Make and share this Double-lemon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Butter a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add 1 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the quarter-cup lemon juice and the zest of 3 lemons.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately, mixing well with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape into buttered pan and bake 60-70 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn cake out onto a plate.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup of lemon juice and 2/3 cup sugar in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in remaining zest.
- Prick the cake all over with a long skewer.
- Spoon or brush the glaze over the entire cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
Easy to make and very good lemon flavored cake. I made half the recipe and baked in a loaf pan.