1/1 Photo of Double-lemon Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This was in the LA Times a couple of weeks ago. . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325º.
- 2Butter a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Cream butter with an electric mixer.
- 5Add 1 cup sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Beat in the quarter-cup lemon juice and the zest of 3 lemons.
- 8Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately, mixing well with a rubber spatula.
- 9Scrape into buttered pan and bake 60-70 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.
- 10Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn cake out onto a plate.
- 11Combine remaining 1/3 cup of lemon juice and 2/3 cup sugar in small saucepan.
- 12Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 13Stir in remaining zest.
- 14Prick the cake all over with a long skewer.
- 15Spoon or brush the glaze over the entire cake.
- 16Cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of