These scrumptious cookies deliver the combination of flavors of dark-chocolate nut bark. The recipe calls for roughly chopped bar chocolate. If you prefer a less intense dark-chocolate flavor, try slightly less cocoa content. This is for true chocolate lovers only. LOL I got this recipe from a local magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, minimum 60 percent cocoa content
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut 8-ounce (2 sticks) unsalted butter into pieces and allow to soften.
- 3In medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- 4On cutting board, chop 5 1/2 ounces dark chocolate into 1/2-inch chunks; set aside.
- 5Roughly chop 3/4 cup walnuts and set aside.
- 6In separate bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter with both sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, to creamed mixture. Beat in 1 t pure vanilla extract.
- 7Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well with electric mixer after each addition.
- 8Stir in chocolate chunks and walnut pieces using wooden spoon.
- 9Drop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough onto greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake 9 minutes on middle oven rack.
- 11Let cookies cool for several minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack (they will be too soft when first removed from oven).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Dark-Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g