Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a variation on Mrs. Field's Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies. Less chocolate, more crunch... makes a delicious cookie!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of your favorite trail mix (I use a mix with various seeds, nuts, and a small amt of chocolate in it, the saltiness is just righ)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees farenheit.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, & cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture, trail mix, and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.