Recipe by conniecooks
Silky, Rich, & decadent. very Delicious. Cooking time does not include standing or chilling time
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar,cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt.
- Gradually whisk in 1 cup of the cream until smooth. Then whisk in the remaining cup cream.
- Set the pan over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to whisk and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla.
- Let stand 5 minutes till chocolate melts.
- Then gently stir until smooth.
- Let cool 20 minutees.
- Can be served warm and soft or chilled for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.