Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A must try. Full of yummy things. Sure to become your favorite cookie recipe.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 ounces white chocolate chunks
- 4 ounces dark semisweet chocolate chunks
- 6 ounces pecans, coarsely chopped
- In the bowl of a large electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture in thirds, until incorporated.
- Mix in oats, coconut, chocolate chunks and chopped pecans.(These final additions may have to be done by hand, using a stiff wooden spoon, if your mixer isn't powerful enough to cope with the dense mixture.).
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets and bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.