Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- In the bowl of a large electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture in thirds, until incorporated.
- Mix in oats, coconut, chocolate chunks and chopped pecans.(These final additions may have to be done by hand, using a stiff wooden spoon, if your mixer isn't powerful enough to cope with the dense mixture.).
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets and bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.