Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe out of the local paper! YUMMY!
Make and share this Double-Chocolate Key Lime Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixer, combine butter and sugars, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, then Key lime juice. Scrape down bowl.
- Add dry ingredients slowly, making sure that all the ingredients are just incorporated. Do not over-mix batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in freezer for 1/2 hour (or more), this will help the cookies stay chunky and not spread out.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Cookies will be good for 3 days in an airtight container.