1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Granita
3 hrs 50 mins
Kitty Z's Note:
This granita is flavored with both cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate, complemented with cinnamon and nutmeg. It's guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth! This comes from a recipe posted in several places around the Web. Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar in water and vanilla. Bring to a boil, let boil one minute, then remove from heat.
- 2Stir remaining ingredients into sugar water until it is well mixed and chocolate is completely melted.
- 3Pour into a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- 4Cover loosely and freeze for two hours, until it is frozen at the edges. Scrape the ice with a fork, mixing it towards the center of the dish.
- 5Repeat every 30 to 40 minutes, until the granita is completely frozen (the texture should be somewhere between slushy and flaky).
- 6Keep frozen until ready to serve. Should the granita become too solid before serving, use a fork to loosen it, and let sit for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- 7QUICK FREEZE METHOD: Freeze mixture into an ice cube tray; once solid, use a food processor or ice shaver to flake.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Granita
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g