Charlotte J's Note:
Well worth the time to make this decadent and delicious torte. It has perfectly blended flavors of raspberry and two types of chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur or 2 tablespoons raspberry flavored syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2 ounces white baking bar, melted (white chocolate, from 6-ounce package)
- hot fudge, if desired for topping
White Chocolate Filling
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease bottoms and sides of 2 round pans, 8x1 1/2 inches; dust with cocoa.
- 3Beat sugar and butter in small bowl until smooth.
- 4Beat in liqueur, eggs and melted semisweet chocolate.
- 5Stir in flour.
- 6Pour into pans.
- 7Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10Place raspberries in blender or food processor.
- 11Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until almost smooth; strain.
- 12Prepare White Chocolate Filling.
- 13Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with filling.
- 14Make about 1/4-inch deep ring in filling 1 inch from edge of cake, using tip of spoon.
- 15Make another 1/4-inch-deep ring 1 inch inside outer ring.
- 16Fill each ring with about 5 tablespoons raspberry puree.
- 17Place second cake layer on filling.
- 18Drizzle melted white chocolate over top of cake.
- 19Refrigerate uncovered about 10 minutes or until candy coating is set.
- 20Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours until filling is firm.
- 21Serve with remaining raspberry puree and fudge sauce.
- 22Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
- 24Beat margarine and powdered sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- 25Beat in white chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Chocolate Fantasy Torte
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: