Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Well worth the time to make this decadent and delicious torte. It has perfectly blended flavors of raspberry and two types of chocolate.
- baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur or 2 tablespoons raspberry flavored syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2 ounces white baking bar, melted (white chocolate, from 6-ounce package)
- hot fudge, if desired for topping
White Chocolate Filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces white baking bar, melted and cooled (white chocolate, from 6-ounce package)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms and sides of 2 round pans, 8x1 1/2 inches; dust with cocoa.
- Beat sugar and butter in small bowl until smooth.
- Beat in liqueur, eggs and melted semisweet chocolate.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Place raspberries in blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until almost smooth; strain.
- Prepare White Chocolate Filling.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with filling.
- Make about 1/4-inch deep ring in filling 1 inch from edge of cake, using tip of spoon.
- Make another 1/4-inch-deep ring 1 inch inside outer ring.
- Fill each ring with about 5 tablespoons raspberry puree.
- Place second cake layer on filling.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over top of cake.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 10 minutes or until candy coating is set.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours until filling is firm.
- Serve with remaining raspberry puree and fudge sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
- Beat margarine and powdered sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in white chocolate and vanilla until smooth.