Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Well worth the time to make this decadent and delicious torte. It has perfectly blended flavors of raspberry and two types of chocolate.
- baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur or 2 tablespoons raspberry flavored syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2 ounces white baking bar, melted (white chocolate, from 6-ounce package)
- hot fudge, if desired for topping
White Chocolate Filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces white baking bar, melted and cooled (white chocolate, from 6-ounce package)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms and sides of 2 round pans, 8x1 1/2 inches; dust with cocoa.
- Beat sugar and butter in small bowl until smooth.
- Beat in liqueur, eggs and melted semisweet chocolate.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Place raspberries in blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until almost smooth; strain.
- Prepare White Chocolate Filling.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with filling.
- Make about 1/4-inch deep ring in filling 1 inch from edge of cake, using tip of spoon.
- Make another 1/4-inch-deep ring 1 inch inside outer ring.
- Fill each ring with about 5 tablespoons raspberry puree.
- Place second cake layer on filling.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over top of cake.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 10 minutes or until candy coating is set.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours until filling is firm.
- Serve with remaining raspberry puree and fudge sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
- Beat margarine and powdered sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in white chocolate and vanilla until smooth.