Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in a Canadian Living cookbook, and they're just fabulous. They're very simple to make, and the dough tastes amazing too!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture, being sure not to overbeat the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Bake on greased cookies trays for 8-10 minutes.
I'm told these are good. ;) I used margarine and 7 oz of a white "decorating bar" to keep it nondairy, and the white "chocolate" melted, so they weren't in chunks. I also realized after I'd made them that I used bittersweet chocolate (6 oz) instead of semisweet, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference! The recipe only yielded 26 cookies for me, but maybe that's because I made them rather large, as the recipe didn't say what size they were supposed to be.