- 1 cup softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (250 g) package chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Blend in egg and cocoa, then flour, baking soda and salt, beating until a stiff dough is formed.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonsful of dough 5cms apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until set.
- Cool on tray for two minutes, then transfer to wire racks.