Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent recipie given to me by my friend Jeni.
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate baking square
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening and margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add about half of the flour, the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Beat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour.
- Stir in chopped white chocolate, semisweet chocolate pieces, and chopped nuts.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown.