Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These cookies have less fat than usual, but still taste rich and delicious with a nice chewy texture.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuing cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and cool 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1/4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes or until firm.
- Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.