Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Easy chocolate crust and rich,luscious chocolate filling--what more could you want?
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (no pudding)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place the cake mix, melted butter and egg in mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes, then scrape sides of bowl with a spatula. Mixture should come together in a ball.
- Pat batter evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from oven and stir with rubber spatula until smooth.
- Beat together the melted chocolate, condensed milk and cream cheese just until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs and beat on medium speed for another minute.
- Pour filling onto crust and bake for 58-62 minutes, or until it appears shiny and the center barely jiggles when shaken.
- Cool for about 30 minutes, then cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.