Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This double rich chocolate cake with a ganache drizzle will make this a favorite any time of the year, like now! I love this cake but I won't make it often. Yes, it is made with 2 not 1 but 2 cake mixes. I didn't allow for cooling time.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (19 7/8-21 1/2 ounce) boxplain brownie mix
- 2 cups devil's food cake mix, 1/2 box (18.25 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, toasted & chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted chopped almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Generously spray 12-cup Bundt pan, set aside.
- Combine all cake ingredients except almonds in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in almonds by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 10 minutes, invert onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine all chocolate ganache ingredients except for Amaretto or almond extract in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is pourable, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Amaretto or almond extract.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Garnish with almond pieces, if desired.