Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am pretty sure this was a TOH recipe. I've had it for a very long time so don't remember. I love apples in salads and have enjoyed taking this one to a church potluck! I didn't bring any home.
- 1 large golden delicious apple, diced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
You may call it a salad but I call it dessert and delicious and down right yummy. Everyone throughly enjoyed it and asked for it to be put on the regular menu often. Thanks so much for posting such an easy dish to throw together and for it to taste so good too.
Very tasty and delicious! This is a great salad to have as a side dish with any meal. The combination of the ingredients is superb!! We'll have this again and again! Thanks for sharing. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #33 event...October 2009
Made this recipe as is & shared it with neighbors! Loved everything about this salad, but might just use toasted slivered almonds instead of the walnuts another time! Thanks for A GREAT TASTING SALAD! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]