- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 1 cup apple brandy (or more, if you prefer!)
- cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, butter or margerine, orange and lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple cider in a large pan.
- Heat slowly, stiring until mixture just comes to boiling. Adjust flavors if you want and carefully pour into heat-proof bowl (or crockpot set at low) and stir in apple brandy.
- Put cinnamon stick in each mug and serve.