Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I know there are similar recipes for corn salad but none just like Dotty-boos. This is such a refreshing salad and so easy to put together. It's great in the summer. Cook time is actually chill time.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, drain 1
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped small
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or more)
- salt, season to your liking
- white pepper, season to your liking
- Combine corn, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well.
- Add tomatoes and green onions and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- When ready to serve, give it a good stir and then watch it disappear from sight!
I really like this, unfortunately it was not well received at my gathering. There was a lot left, even on people's plates. The only thing I did differently is used cherry tomatoes, otherwise made as directed. I may give this one another try due to the fact that I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
Had this on the table when my vegetarian son & DIL were by & they really like it as did the 2 of us! I always enjoy finding new ways to serve up corn, & this salad is wonderfully delicious! The only thing I changed was nothing at all really, just skimped a little on the mayo! Many thanks for this great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
This looked so good, I didn't have any trouble giving it a try. I certainly wasn't disappointed either. The hardest part about this recipe, is waiting to taste it. I used a plum tomato, and cut back a bit on the mayo. Perfect in every way Good Thing. Thank Dot for me...whomever she is. ;) Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.