Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious savoury breakfast or brunch dish with a "surprise"!
Make and share this Dormant Volcanoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully scoop out insides of the tomatoes and drain the juices from the shells.
- Place the tomatoes, hole side up, in a baking dish and put in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix together the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, dill, garlic, and onion powder.
- Remove the tomato shells from the oven.
- Into the center of each one, put one whole or ½ artichoke heart.
- Break one large egg over each artichoke heart and then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumb mix.
- Place the"volcanoes" back into the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- (Time depends on how you prefer eggs cooked-- if you want hard yolks, bake for 30 minutes).
- Serve hot with side condiments of sour cream, chopped chives, green chili salsa, or others of your imagination!