Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This used to be a favorite years ago when I first got married. :) Easy!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (13 -16 ounce) bag plain Doritos
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring to a boil the soup, water, and tomatoes.
- Cook onion with ground beef.
- Place layer of slightly crushed Doritos in the bottom of a casserole.
- Add a layer of ground beef, a layer of soup mixture and a layer of Doritos.
- Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can also add canned beans and cooked rice to this casserole!
- If you can't get Rotel tomatoes, use a can of crushed, peeled tomatoes and add 1 tsp of seeded and minced jalapeno to them (or mild green chiles).
Excellent and easy. I didn't have plain Doritos, so I used plain tortilla chips. I also tossed in some olives with the sauce. Actually, I was eating some Nacho Cheese Doritos and wondering what to fix for dinner when I remembered this recipie. DH liked it and had two huge platesfull. Too easy and the ingredients are usually in the pantry.
made this with velveeta instead of shredded and seems like it worked better..covered doritos on top layer much better. Also used our local grocers skillet mix ground beef mixturem(ground beef thats pre seasoned) and its super cheap. #lbs of it cost 4 dollars and its good in casseroles like this , chili, spagetti etc. I loved it. Great quick/cheap emal for a family of 4
I've been making this with my husband for a few years now and always like to add new things and change it up. I like using shredded beef (to make it more of a tamale pie), homestyle potatoes sometimes, beans, salsa and shredded cheese during the last few minutes of baking. so easy and so good! Everyone I know thinks it's gross until they actually taste it