Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
From my great-grandma's Sunflower Cookbook, compiled by the Ladies of the Methodist Episcopal Church - Cottonwood Falls, Kansas, published in 1901. Submitted by Dora Silverwood I don't think I'd try this unless I was looking for "old timey" recipes. *****I have NO clue how much this makes or how long it takes to make****
- 1 pint granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 pint water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon liquid glucose
- nuts, chopped (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- chocolate, melted (for dipping) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the non optional ingredients together until it "works nicely in icold water".
- When cold enough, pour on to a molding board and work like dough.
- Add any of the optional ingredients and work them into it.
- Can be formed into cones and dipped into melted chocolate if desired.