Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my great-grandmother's recipe for banana bread. I remember her copying it for me out of a very old Puyallup community or church cookbook. It has always been my favorite!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (this is my addition)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Place the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the remainng ingredients (let the butter cool a little first).
- Mix altogether and bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- I usually add about 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts when available.
Super easy and good! I threw in a handful of walnuts. I hate to admit it but I ate 1/2 of the bread. I always have to cook my bread longer b/c the center is still gooey. This has happened with every banana bread I have made. Any helpful hints Grace at Sweet Grace's for the bread to cook evenly?