1/1 Photo of DonnaLee's Special Roasted Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
DonnaLee was one of my American neighbors when I lived in Germany. She served this a lot with brunch after church on Sundays. DonnaLee does not usually add salt and pepper, but I do. I usually omit the bacon grease and sometimes even omit the bacon. All of the measurements are very much to taste, even the amount of potatoes- I just sprinkle enough herbs on to my liking and add enough potatoes to fill my pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 red potatoes, approximately
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots, diced,cooked
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano, to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced parsley, to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried basil, to taste
- 5 -6 slices bacon, freshly cooked,crumbled
- 2 teaspoons reserved bacon fat (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1Set out a 9x13" glass casserole pan and grease lightly with some of the olive oil.
- 2Dice raw potatoes (skin on or off- your choice) and place in the pan- you want to have enough pototoes to fill the bottom of the casserole.
- 3Sprinkle cooked peas& carrots over the potatoes.
- 4Press the garlic over the pan, crushing the garlic over the veggies.
- 5Liberally coat veggies with a few spoonfuls of olive oil and toss to mix everything together- the veggies should be well coated, but there shouldn't be a lot of loose oil in the pan.
- 6Sprinkle with oregano, basil, parsley to taste- you want to see little speckles of herbs on every piece of veggie.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Crumble bacon over the top and drizzle with a small amount of reserved bacon fat, if desired.
- 9Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 1 hour, uncovered, until vegetables are fork tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for DonnaLee's Special Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g