Recipe by Jessa M
The softest, tastiest sugar cookies ever. They are also very strong for decorating and make beautiful designs. Great for a holiday treat.
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed domino light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup domino granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla and re-mix.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, and blend it into the batter.
- Cover and chill in the fridge 3-4 hours.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter, board, or rolling pin cloth. Be sure to also flour the rolling pin or dough will stick. Cut into shapes about 1/4 inch think and place on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are very light, light brown. Cool completely and decorate as desired.