Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the back of Dom DeLuise's children's book, King Bob's New Clothes. Of course these are good, and easy enough for the kids to make or help with.
- 1 lb king crab meat (fresh, frozen, or imitation)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, minced
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- oil (for cooking)
- Put all ingredients except oil in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into about 12 cakes.
- *note-use an ice cream scoop to make cakes, and then flatten.
- Use a nonstick pan to fry them in oil on medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes on both sides.
These were great. Had no problem with them falling apart. I did add 1/2 pound of raw shrimp chopped. Served them with a remoulade sauce.
I also found they fell apart easily, I froze them, put them in the skillet until brown on both sides and finished cooking them in the oven. momconsole
I used chopped up imitation "crab" for these and it worked very well. I did find, even with the eggs, that they were hard to hold together, but I managed. I just served them with a hot mustard and they were good.