Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't have the faintest idea who Dolores Miller might be but the brittle has been liked by the older resident's here. I think the recipe is courtesy of Meals for You.
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine butter or margarine, salt & vanilla. Blend well.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Take off the beaters and add flour and chocolate bits by hand.
- Spread evenly in an ungreased 15x11" jelly roll pan.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden (not brown).
- Remove from oven and cut. Allow to cool.
- Place in covered tin and hide it!