This recipe came from Maida Heatter's Book of Great Chocolate Desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust rack to the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, cream the butter with a mixer.
- 3Add the salt, vanilla, and sugar and beat well.
- 4On low speed, gradually add the flour, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating until the mixture holds together.
- 5Add the nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
- 6Spread the dough (it will be stiff) into an unbuttered 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 7With floured fingertips, press the dough firmly to make an even layer- it will be thin.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes, reversing the pan front to back once to insure even baking.
- 9The cake will be golden brown.
- 10Let cool in the pan for only a minute or so.
- 11With a small sharp knife, cut into bars.
- 12Let stand in the pan until cool.
- 13Transfer the cookies to paper towels to dry the bottoms.
- 14Wrap individually in wax paper or store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolly's Crisp Toffee Bars
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g