Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Maida Heatter's Book of Great Chocolate Desserts.
Make and share this Dolly's Crisp Toffee Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Adjust rack to the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a mixer.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and sugar and beat well.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating until the mixture holds together.
- Add the nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread the dough (it will be stiff) into an unbuttered 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- With floured fingertips, press the dough firmly to make an even layer- it will be thin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, reversing the pan front to back once to insure even baking.
- The cake will be golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for only a minute or so.
- With a small sharp knife, cut into bars.
- Let stand in the pan until cool.
- Transfer the cookies to paper towels to dry the bottoms.
- Wrap individually in wax paper or store in an airtight container.