This recipe came from Maida Heatter's Book of Great Chocolate Desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust rack to the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, cream the butter with a mixer.
- 3Add the salt, vanilla, and sugar and beat well.
- 4On low speed, gradually add the flour, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating until the mixture holds together.
- 5Add the nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
- 6Spread the dough (it will be stiff) into an unbuttered 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 7With floured fingertips, press the dough firmly to make an even layer- it will be thin.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes, reversing the pan front to back once to insure even baking.
- 9The cake will be golden brown.
- 10Let cool in the pan for only a minute or so.
- 11With a small sharp knife, cut into bars.
- 12Let stand in the pan until cool.
- 13Transfer the cookies to paper towels to dry the bottoms.
- 14Wrap individually in wax paper or store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolly's Crisp Toffee Bars
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g