Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Part of my newly-attained Dolly Parton recipe collection
- 2 cups potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups vegetarian ground beef
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, minced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper, each layer
- green pepper, slice for garnish
- In greased 2 quart casserole dish, layer all ingredients, starting with meat and ending with tomatoes; season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350~ for 2 hours.
- Garnish with green pepper slices.
This is sweet simplicity at it's best. There are no overpowering flavors in this, just good comfort food. One of my favorite types of recipes! The only change I made , was using a red pepper instead of green , personal preference of the household. Baked in the time stated and came out perfect. The photo I took is next day , cold out of the fridge. There is NO WAY I could get a good 'hot' shot! LOL Great simple recipe , thanks so much for sharing! Made for fall PAC '08