Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- Cream sugar and butter in a medium-size bowl.
- Beat in eggs, then flour and lemon peel. Knead gently together. Don't overwork the dough, but make sure it's consistent.
- Chill dough for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin.
- Cut into shapes and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake until tops get pinkish-brown, about 8 minutes.
My favorite sugar cookie recipe! The lemon zest adds the most wonderfully subtle flavor. Great for rolling and decorating.