Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The taste of this sauce is miles beyond the best jarred stuff I've ever come across with the added bonus of having half of the fat and calories. WIN-WIN! From Betty Crocker's Simple Healthy Meals. The original calls for shallot, which I never have, but onion seems to work just fine.
- Whisk flour into half-and-half. Set aside.
- Melt butter in 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for one minute.
- Add half-and-half mixture to saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in sour cream. Cook 1-2 minutes until heated.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! My husband and I were craving Alfredo but not the heavy fattening kind and this hit the spot. I tossed Ronzoni's Garden Delight fettuccine with this sauce, a can of petite diced tomatoes, and steamed and chopped asparagus. Quick, HEALTHY, and yummy! However, the fat-free half-and-half was too sweet. The side of the carton listed corn syrup as an ingredient. Next time I will try low fat half-and-half. Perhaps it will not be as sweet.