Recipe by Marz
This is a super easy candy to make, made so popular in Brazil. These types of candies are a staple at every Child's birthday party. Make sure you finley chop up the walnuts, and watch carefully when you reach the point where the mixture is ready to be removed form the stove top. This is so yummy!
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
These were so good, and so easy. Since I have access to walnuts, pistachios and almonds, I made the candy with all three of the nuts. I think I'll make up some for Mardi Gras, because the pistachios gave it a green color, and I could make the almond a purple color.
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the condensed milk, walnuts, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Make sure you keep mixing the pan constantly with a wooden spoon. When the mixture begins to "dis-glue" from the pan or when you can see the bottom of the pan after scraping the wooden spoon on the bottom of the pan, you know the cooking process is over. This will happen shortly after the mixture reaches boiling point.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture on a well greased plate.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Grease your hands well and form 1 inch balls with your hands. Roll the balls into a plate full of finely chopped walnutes. Cover the ball well with the walnuts. You may need to wash your hands in between rolling out these candies, because after a while the mixture will begin clinging to your hands. Wash out your hands, grease them up again (I just use a spray bottle) and begin rolling again. Serve in miniature paper liners.