Cuban Lunch Candies
photo by Rochelle79
- Ready In:
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ripple potato chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- Melt together the peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate chips in top of double boiler.
- Add crushed potato chips and peanuts.
- Mix together with melted chips.
- Spoon into mini cupcake paper cups.
- (You do not even have to put these into mini muffin pans as they do hold their shape while they are being filled. It is best to put the mini cupcake papers on a plain cookie sheet to make them easier to move before chilling.) Chill until set.
- You can also add ½ cup coconut to melted chips and peanuts.
- To speed up chilling time, pop them into the freezer for a few minutes.
WONDERFUL!! I love these bars, I have had to make 2 recipes now and it is not even Christmas yet, because I have given so many away when I have gone to Christmas Parties. I did make one change only because I didn't have the peanut butter chips, so I added 2/3 cup of smooth peanut butter. I also put them into a small tin covered cupcake cup. I huge hit around the house!!! 5 Stars for sure!!!
see 7 more reviews
After school at the Pool Hall, I used to live on Cuban Lunch bars. They were the best cheap snack to get with my small weekly allowance. Back then I'm sure the only ingredients were dark chocolate and skinned Spanish peanuts. There were no chocolate chips or potato chips around here in those days, otherwise I may have snacked on them.