Cuban Lunch Candies
I'm not sure where the name comes from, but these little treats are a snap to make and look really good on a Christmas sweets platter. I got the recipe from my friend Melanie, who brought these to my Christmas baking exchange. Cook time is chill time.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ripple potato chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- Melt together the peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate chips in top of double boiler.
- Add crushed potato chips and peanuts.
- Mix together with melted chips.
- Spoon into mini cupcake paper cups.
- (You do not even have to put these into mini muffin pans as they do hold their shape while they are being filled. It is best to put the mini cupcake papers on a plain cookie sheet to make them easier to move before chilling.) Chill until set.
- You can also add ½ cup coconut to melted chips and peanuts.
- To speed up chilling time, pop them into the freezer for a few minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
The name Cuban Lunch is a trademark. It's owned by the company making them. (Uhoh! You may need to change the name of this recipe) The owners are really nice people. Their website is www.cubanlunch.ca (Cuban Lunch Corporation) They were on Season 15 Episode 3 of Dragons Den. If you email them they will tell you were you can buy them, in your area.