Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friend Jana's mom used to make this when we were kids. I don't know why it's called Dobie Casserole but we loved it! I make it in one pot and it's quick and easy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 14 ounces canned corn, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, brown the ground beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, boil the noodles as directed on the package; drain and set aside.
- In the pot, melt the cream cheese and mushroom soup together with the milk until creamy.
- Add beef, noodles, and corn and stir until well mixed.
- Cook over low heat and stir until heated through.
Homemade Hamburger Helper is a perfect description. This is a very good recipe for family night because it is easy and should please everyone. DH loved it with no additions while I needed a boost of salt, pepper and a dash or two of hot sauce. I used No Yolk noodles, hamburger style veggie crumbles, low fat mushroom soup and cream cheese along with peas (just because I like them better than corn). Thanks loof for a tasty comfort dinner :D
My DH loved it, but to me it was rather bland. I'll bet this dish would be a great hit with children though! I didn't have enough wide egg noodles so I subbed elbow. Way too many using that version of pasta! I ended up using about half. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR 2013
This was quick and easy and had a good flavor. I had a 12 oz bag of noodles and glad I used less, with the 16 oz I think it may have been too dry. I got my 5yr DS to eat it but no luck with 1yr DS, but he doesn't eat a ton of things yet so that is expected. Made for Football Pool 2010 Divisional Playoffs win.