Recipe by loof
My friend Jana's mom used to make this when we were kids. I don't know why it's called Dobie Casserole but we loved it! I make it in one pot and it's quick and easy!
Top Review by Annacia
Homemade Hamburger Helper is a perfect description. This is a very good recipe for family night because it is easy and should please everyone. DH loved it with no additions while I needed a boost of salt, pepper and a dash or two of hot sauce. I used No Yolk noodles, hamburger style veggie crumbles, low fat mushroom soup and cream cheese along with peas (just because I like them better than corn). Thanks loof for a tasty comfort dinner :D
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 14 ounces canned corn, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, brown the ground beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, boil the noodles as directed on the package; drain and set aside.
- In the pot, melt the cream cheese and mushroom soup together with the milk until creamy.
- Add beef, noodles, and corn and stir until well mixed.
- Cook over low heat and stir until heated through.