Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I often serve this versatile dish when we have over-night guests. Because of the preparation ease, you can still enjoy the conversations with your guests sans standing over the cook-top all morning!
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) candrained mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- Brown sausage and drain; set aside. Place frozen hash browns on bottom of a prepared 9x13 pan. Top with 2 cups grated cheese. Spread sausage over top of cheese. Beat together eggs, 2 cups milk and seasonings. Pour over sausage. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Before baking, dilute can of cream of mushroom soup with 1/4 cup milk. Pour over casserole, cover with mushrooms and the remaining grated chesse and bake covered at 300 degrees for 1 hour and bake another 1/2 hour uncovered.
- You can easily add your favorite toppings such as ham, green pepper,onion, or black olives.