Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy to throw together. Mix them up in 5 minutes, throw them in the fridge for at least 2 hours. When you're ready pull them out and make as many as you want. Would probably make great cinnamon rolls as well. I'm going to try shaping the rolls and then freezing them before baking next time.
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups flour
- Pour water in a large bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of the sugar (but do not stir). Sprinkle the yeast over the water making sure every particle gets wet (again, do not stir). Let the mixture stand until the yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, remaining sugar, eggs and salt. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time to form a stiff dough (you might not need all the flour). Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured board. Divide dough into 24 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter if desired.