1 hr 20 mins
Dj's Eagles's Note:
I have tried many Cornbread recipes. I finally "hit" upon a recipe of my own that has turned out real well. When I make it, there never seems to be enough of it. Hope you enjoy it !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar (I use Florida Crystals)
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/8 cup finely chopped jalapeno, seeded
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a large bowl, mix the white flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, garlic, milk, eggs, sea salt, and oil. Mix real well!
- 2Add 3/4 of the chopped green onions, all of the cream style corn, and whole corn. Mix again.
- 3Pour 1/2 of the batter into a greased baking dish. (I use a 9" x 14" dish).
- 4Then spread a layer of cheese over the entire mixture. Then spread the remaining onions, bell peppers and jalapenos.
- 5Now if you want, you may cover the entire mixture with cooked chicken, turkey, beef or pork. Make sure the meat is cooked and shredded!
- 6Now pour the remaining batter over the top of the entire mixture. Bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes. Let cool before slicing. Hope you enjoy!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dj's Cornbread, Real Meal Deal!
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 615.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g