Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A perfectly decadent dark chocolate truffle brownie--perfect for Valentine's Day or other romantic occasion like anniversaries, -or- just because!. Tip: to take these brownies seriously over the top, lay a heart shaped stencil over each portion (before cutting), and sift powdered sugar over the top. Remove stencil, and oooh-la-la! Serve with hot fudge sauce or fresh raspberries and whipped cream, if desired.
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees (325 F for glass baking dish).
- Line 8-inch baking pan with foil extending over edges to form handles.
- Grease foil.
- Microwave 2 squares chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Stir in 1 egg until well blended.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Microwave remaining chocolate (6 squares if using semi-sweet, 4 squares if using bittersweet) and the cream in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 eggs in small bowl with mixer on high speed 1 minute until thick and lemon-yellow colored; beat in chocolate/cream mixture.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until mousse topping is set and the edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides.
- Lift from pan using foil as handles.
- Decorate with powdered sugar, if desired (see tip).
- Cut into 16 fudgy brownies.
- For an extra special touch, garnish with fresh red raspberries and whipped cream!
I haven't made these in years ... but was just going to add the recipe myself. They are AMAZING!!