Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
So simple, so green, so lovely, so multi-seasonal, just so..... so! I've had this warm in winter, cold in summer, and it's always been a hit. Just the other day we served this up cold in martini glasses, first we got the oohs and ahhs over the presentation, then came the oohs and ahhs over the taste.
- 500 g frozen sweet peas (you can also use fresh)
- 200 g creme fraiche (see Note below)
- salt and pepper
- parsley, for garnishing
- Blanch the peas for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Tip the peas into a blender and add just enough of the liquid (about 500ml/1 pint) to cover and whiz to a smooth purée.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add all but 60g (4 tablespoons) of the crème fraîche and pulse for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved crème fraîche on top.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, chill in the refrigerator for two hours and serve cold.
- Note: If you are not a fan of crème fraîche , don't despair. You can use single cream, whipping cream, yogurt or just plain milk. The yumminess of the peas will always shine through.