So simple, so green, so lovely, so multi-seasonal, just so..... so! I've had this warm in winter, cold in summer, and it's always been a hit. Just the other day we served this up cold in martini glasses, first we got the oohs and ahhs over the presentation, then came the oohs and ahhs over the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the peas for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- 2Tip the peas into a blender and add just enough of the liquid (about 500ml/1 pint) to cover and whiz to a smooth purée.
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste and add all but 60g (4 tablespoons) of the crème fraîche and pulse for a few seconds to combine.
- 4Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved crème fraîche on top.
- 5Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
- 6Alternatively, chill in the refrigerator for two hours and serve cold.
- 7Note: If you are not a fan of crème fraîche , don't despair. You can use single cream, whipping cream, yogurt or just plain milk. The yumminess of the peas will always shine through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divine Creamy Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g