Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ohhhh, yum. This icing is wonderful on any cake or use it as a dip for fresh fruit. It's a perfect match to my delicious carrot cake!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
- Mix cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer.
- Slowly sift in icing sugar and continue beating until fully blended. There should not be any lumps.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon juice. Enjoy!
I like the lemon in my icing and this recipe works well even in our tropical climate.