Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is packed with flavour and great for the holiday. You may substitute dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate seeds, or thin Comice pear slices for the sun-dried tomatoes. This salad was such a hit with the family we ate it 3 nights in a row. I found this recipe in a Hallmark "Home for the Holidays" book. They call it "Sun-Dried Tomato, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad", but DH said he has eaten the same salad in various places that he travels and it was called the Diva Salad.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- salt and pepper
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss again.
- Scatter the nuts over the salad, and crumble cheese on top.
- Serve at once.
This was a wonderful salad! I served with an herbed cheese millet casserole and roasted brussels sprouts and what a meal I had! I couldn't find my sun dried tomatoes, so used fresh. Thanks for a great dish! Made for the My Three Chefs event in the contests/events forum.