Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is served at Boma.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, quartered
- 8 ounces onions, diced
- 8 ounces red bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 5 ounces honey
- 4 ounces oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 ounces flour
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon curry powder. Sear chicken in the skillet until golden brown and ¾ done. Set aside.
- Melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux and set aside.
- Heat chicken stock, curry powder, coconut milk and roux. Let simmer until thickened.
- Add the vegetables (except the cilantro) and seared chicken. Cook until chicken is done.
- Add honey and cayenne pepper. Adjust seasoning. Garnish with cilantro.