Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
There used to be a recipe my mom made back in the '70s where you'd take a box of powdered coconut pecan frosting mix and mix it with peanut butter and some other ingredients to make these amazing Christmas cookies. Well, they stopped making that boxed frosting mix, so I had to figure out how to make these again with regular ingredients. These taste just the way my mom used to make them at Christmastime. I have named my version dirty snowflakes.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 30 chocolate stars or 30 Hershey chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll into 1" balls.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press chocolate star or kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. The less time you bake, the more the cookie will have a texture like pecan pie filling.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cook on wire rack.