I've had this recipe for a year; and am posting it for a member who is looking for a bridal shower menu recipe; the theme being around the fall season. I have not tried this recipe, but now that it is out, in my hands and my soup fetish is in full gear, I can't wait to try it myself! I was not very sure on the cook time, I gave it 30 minutes but the time may be less. And only 5 minutes prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter in 2 qt skillet, while peeling and dicing onion.
- 2Drain corn and reserve liquid.
- 3Add nuts and onions to skillet, cook on medium and stir for 30 seconds; add corn and saute, allowing brown particles to form.
- 4Stir the particles from the bottom of pan, and continue to brown for 5 minutes, but DO NOT BURN.
- 5Add salt and pepper (now it should look dirty).
- 6In the pan, move aside the corn mixture, making room for the remaining butter and flour, browning the flour in the butter and eventually stir into corn mixture when browned.
- 7Add reserved corn liquid reserve and slowly add milk, one cup at a time, thickening after each addition.
- 8*Ifmultiplying this recipe, use a larger pan and add a bit more time for browining.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirty Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.3
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 408.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 16.2 g