Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've had this recipe for a year; and am posting it for a member who is looking for a bridal shower menu recipe; the theme being around the fall season. I have not tried this recipe, but now that it is out, in my hands and my soup fetish is in full gear, I can't wait to try it myself! I was not very sure on the cook time, I gave it 30 minutes but the time may be less. And only 5 minutes prep.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 2 qt skillet, while peeling and dicing onion.
- Drain corn and reserve liquid.
- Add nuts and onions to skillet, cook on medium and stir for 30 seconds; add corn and saute, allowing brown particles to form.
- Stir the particles from the bottom of pan, and continue to brown for 5 minutes, but DO NOT BURN.
- Add salt and pepper (now it should look dirty).
- In the pan, move aside the corn mixture, making room for the remaining butter and flour, browning the flour in the butter and eventually stir into corn mixture when browned.
- Add reserved corn liquid reserve and slowly add milk, one cup at a time, thickening after each addition.
- *Ifmultiplying this recipe, use a larger pan and add a bit more time for browining.