Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes melting chocolate so easy, and keeps the chocolate smooth and creamy for dipping fruit, pretzels, or anything you want coated with chocolate! (Serving size of 36 depends upon the size of what you are dipping.)
- In a double boiler, combine the chips and shortening.
- Slowly let chocolate melt, while stirring frequently.
- When chocolate has completely melted to liquid and no lumps are visible, remove from heat and begin dipping! (Great for dipping cookies, pretzels, fruit, whatever!).
- Place your chocolate-covered treats onto a plate covered with waxed paper, then chill in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened.
- This works great with white chocolate chips too!