1/2 Photos of Dipped Pecan Spritz
from taste of home... pretty shaped, chocolate dipped, with crunchy pecans.. MMMMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3/4 cup vanilla chips or 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugarl beat in egg and extracts.
- 2Combine the flour, pecans and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 3Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press sough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until set[ do not brown].
- 5Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 6In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3/4 t.
- 7shortening; stir until smooth.
- 8Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening at 70% power; stir until smooth.
- 9Dip half of the cookies halfway in semisweet mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- 10Place on waxed paper to harden.
- 11Dip remaining cookies halfway in vanilla mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- 12Place on waxed paper and sprinkle coated area with colored sprinkles.
- 13Let harden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dipped Pecan Spritz
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 130
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g