Recipe by Courtly
from taste of home... pretty shaped, chocolate dipped, with crunchy pecans.. MMMMM!
Top Review by Karamia
These are cute little cookies that have a nice mild flavor. Be sure that the pecans are very finely ground or else they can get stuck in the cookie press disks. Mine baked up perfectly in 6 minutes, but they are very fragile so I left them to cool on the sheet for alittle while. I made these for Christmas cookie trays and they were very cute. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla chips or 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugarl beat in egg and extracts.
- Combine the flour, pecans and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press sough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until set[ do not brown].
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3/4 t.
- shortening; stir until smooth.
- Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening at 70% power; stir until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies halfway in semisweet mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper to harden.
- Dip remaining cookies halfway in vanilla mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper and sprinkle coated area with colored sprinkles.
- Let harden.