- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed, lightly crushed
- milk or more sour cream, as needed to adjust consistency of mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until done.
- Drain in colander, and return to saucepan over low heat to dry out a little.
- Mash potatoes until fairly smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and continue mashing until desired consistency is reached.
- Add more milk or sour cream if potatoes are too thick.
- Note: If they are too thin, add a little dehydrated potato flakes to thicken, if needed.
- (I did not say this! I would never do it! I will deny everything! I use Hungry Jack.).