Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Southern Living; these are great with soups, stews, or chili.
- 709.77 ml biscuit and baking mix (Bisquick or Pioneer Baking Mix)
- 354.88 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 1 large egg
- 295.73 ml milk
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh dill
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- paper baking cup
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 2 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degreesfor 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately, and cool on wire rack.
I made these for PAC 2006. The recipe made exactly 18 muffins. They are very moist and cheesy. Easy to make too. I agree! These would be fantastic with soup. I forgot to spray the baking cups with cooking spray, so they stuck, but didn't stick after the muffins had cooled. I think next time I will make these into free-form drop biscuits. This is a fabulous basic recipe. I can think of lots of great variations; different types of cheese, diced onions, sun-dried tomatoes. This one's a keeper! Thanks for sharing. :)