Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom won't eat fish without tartar sauce and had fond memories of a sauce with dill, but couldn't find one. I found this online (forget where) and she loves it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Blend all ingredients until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
I really liked this, but did need to add more dill pickles to mine. However, I did scale the recipe down so that may have been a factor. Next time I would not add the Dijon as I thought the sauce tasted better before I added it. The dill was an excellent addition and I will now add it to all my tartar sauces.