Recipe by evelyn/athens
This coleslaw is different from the norm and absolutely delicious. This needs to be well-chilled before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs green cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 medium granny smith apples, cored and coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil in slow, steady stream to form thick dressing.
- Add cabbage, carrots, apples and dill and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- (can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- When ready to eat, give the salad a toss, drain any excess liquid off and adjust seasoning to taste.